The Manchester Bidwell Education Model is comprised of four essential components
- Career training for demand-driven jobs for adults,
- High-quality visual arts programming for youth.
- A Center for Art & Technology (CAT): that is, a world-class facility filled with light, art, and flowers, designed to elevate the human spirit.
- MBC culture: a warm and embracing environment of dignity and respect that underscores and elevates our fundamental philosophy that “all human lives are valuable”.
When successfully implemented, a CAT provides a two-part strategy to address the real challenges of poverty and despair:
- By providing an avenue to gainful employment for adults who are unemployed, underemployed or who have been dislocated from work.
- By using the visual arts as a tool of engagement to promote academic achievement among youth.
By definition, the Manchester Bidwell Education Model is designed to serve both youth and adults in a community.